1. NY Governor Cuomo promises the “most aggressive” strengthening of the state’s (read: NYC’s) rent laws.
2. Bronx <3 parking: “This community wants a moratorium on any more building until we get a parking lot.” “We don’t want any bigger buildings and we want parking space for everyone.”
3. Do people realize that “I don’t mind modernist architecture” and “All new buildings must have decorative cornices and intricate brickwork” are fundamentally incompatible statements?
4. Witold Rybczynski on density. Nothing you haven’t already heard a million times before, but, Witold Rybczynski!
5. DC’s zoning code finally allows building owners to enclose the once-encouraged outdoor arcades.